If you’re anything like me, you don’t have time to hit 1 for English, 2 for customer support, 1 for hardware, 2 for laptops, 2 for blah blah blah….just give me a human! Automated phone systems have taken over our lives and and stolen a lot of our time. Fortunately though, there is a way around it! A database is available at http://gethuman.com/us that lists exactly how to reach a human at practically every major company in America. Some examples are:
- Sallie Mae Ã¢â‚¬â€˜ Student Loans 888Ã¢â‚¬â€˜272Ã¢â‚¬â€˜5543 Don’t press or say anything.
- Apple 800Ã¢â‚¬â€˜275Ã¢â‚¬â€˜2273 Press 000; if virtual rep answers, say “operator.”
- Dell 888Ã¢â‚¬â€˜560Ã¢â‚¬â€˜8324 Press 00 at each prompt.
- Amazon.com 800Ã¢â‚¬â€˜201Ã¢â‚¬â€˜7575 Don’t press or say anything.
- Cingular Wireless 800Ã¢â‚¬â€˜331Ã¢â‚¬â€˜0500 Press *## at each prompt.
- Verizon Wireless 800Ã¢â‚¬â€˜922Ã¢â‚¬â€˜0204 Press #00 or enter phone # then 0 4.
Sliced bread doesn’t have squat on this!